The International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as “… partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential”.
Coaching is an ongoing confidential partnership that supports you in achieving what you most want in life and work. It is a structured process of self-enquiry and personal discovery. It provides a framework for examination, purposeful action and results in fulfilling results.
Coaching assists in the process of getting back to the core of who you are and what you desire. It also helps to advance self-awareness and the ability to make conscious choices in order to create a desired future.
- A coach focuses upon the following:
- The discovery of what is really important in your life (work and personal)
- Assisting in designing a plan that will accomplish the important identified goals
- Work with you to get rid of impediments
- Partnering with you to achieve success
- Helping you to recognize and celebrate success
Working with a coach assists you in identifying and working from a core set of values. It encourages you to take more effective and focused action immediately; to design and begin to live a higher quality and balanced life; to develop a heightened sense of purpose; to improve your leadership, communication and life skills; to move aside things that appear to be blocking the realization of goals; to achieve breakthrough results in your professional life.