Making long term relationship sales is much more satisfying for the seller and the buyer versus a short term, one time event that leaves both sides wondering if there was a winner and a loser. Really understanding what it is that your customer solves by applying your product or service as a solution is the key to long term success in sales.
This 8 module program will help your sales team develop an attitude of success and outline the steps and approach necessary for them to experience success on a long term basis. Success sales is a process and not an event.
There are 8 modules in total – Click below to expand & read more.
Module 1 - What are we selling?
- It’s the hole…not the drill bit!
- Your buyers motivations…pain or pleasure?
- What challenge does your product or service overcome?
- What opportunities are created through your products or services?
Module 2 - Who are our customers?
- What does our ideal customer look like?
- Where do we find our ideal customers?
- Why do they do business with us?
- What percentage of their “wallet” do we have?
- What do we need to improve to serve them better?
Module 3 - Booking the Sales appointment
- What is the purpose of the sales call/meeting?
- Who do you book the meeting with?
- How do you determine the best time?
- What value do you bring that makes them want to give up their time?
- Where are your opportunities to get referrals to the decision maker?
- How do you get the right people at the meeting?
Module 4 - Building confident relationships
- Preparing for every meeting…learn about your client or prospect
- Information gives you confidence…where do you require information?
- How will you build relationships with the purchaser? With the company?
- Giving them service before they are your customer
- Becoming a “trusted advisor”
- Learn how to do business from their perspective
Module 5 - Problem Solving as a way of selling
- Learning your clients goals
- What is getting in the way of achieving their goals
- Define the problem/opportunity
- Root causes and Alternative Solutions
- Finding the Best Solution
- Demonstrate why your solution is the right solution
- How soon would they like to solve this
Module 6 - Getting agreement and Delivering the Solution
- Not closing a deal but opening a relationship
- The risks of “hard closes”
- The risk of not “asking for the business”
- Under promise and over deliver
- Checking for understanding as to why this solution is the best one
- Supporting the implementation through a servicing plan
Module 7 - Looking for Opportunity through Servicing the Account
- Short term follow up to identify first impressions
- What other problems do they have where you can help them?
- Where are they expanding/changing/growing etc.
- What things are they re-fitting/upgrading etc.
- What things are your competitors providing to the customer that you could?
- Building the relationship with Inside Sales and the Customer
Module 8 - Gaining referrals – Growing the Business!
- How do you get paid?
- The connection of their success and our success
- What is the biggest compliment that a customer can pay you?
- Why would they want to refer you?
- What does a great referral look like?
- How should you ask for a referral?
- Who should you ask referrals from?